Saturday, July 14, 2007

STORM

Storm is the title of the show I just completed. It was a krapy student written adaptation of william shakesperes the tempest. I didn't realy like it and didn't invite alot of people, but the Japanese audiance seemed to like it. There is alot of over acting here as a general rule of thumb. All actions need to be over played here because that is what is expected. It's hard to explain... When something is brought to a public setting it shouldn't be too real, because that is to private. Musicals are a big thing here as are plays with big actions. Even smaller shows play actions and feelings big, maby to big for an american audiance but just right here. So I felt kinda stupid plaing some of my parts and some of the other actors choices I thought were a bit wierd, but it worked in this setting. I also belive that our show mannaged to reach the level of "so bad, it's good." I especialy liked the tradic end where every one died and the audiance laughed as each body hit the floor. Yea the show was ok... (grumble grumble grumble) I felt that my acting was sub par, I still don't know what I'm doing in the theater program at wesleyan.

The Storm is also referance to the tropical storm heading our way. It's already been raining for 24 hrs. I hope the wind gets strong enough to blow me off the ground. That would be awsome! I guess tomarrow will be an inside day.

I also had my first experiance with Japanese Karioke. It was alot of fun and I wish I had stuck around longer, but I had to catch my train back to shin-tokorozawa. I actualy went to the train station, changed my mind about going, and went back to have karioke fun. Then I went back to the train station latter and thought I had missed the last train, dooming me to 5 hrs of karioke. I mean it was fun, but I wanted sleep... So I went back to find that they were packing up the party, so I ran back to the station, went to a diferent station and was able to catch another train back. Wheeew. It kinda sucks living outside the city. You have to get up early and you don't get back until late. I finaly understand DAD! Sorry you had to drive all that way every day.

Ok thats all for now
Dane

No comments: