Monday, June 25, 2007

Jibly

Tomarro I`m going to go see studio Ghibli. (pernounced Jibli) This is Miyasaki`s studio, where he draws his anime. In case you haven`t heard of Miyasaki, he is the maker of the greates Japanese anime of all time... hands down. Some have even called his work the Japanesse bible, because it is full of Japan`s morals and mores. His work includes: Spirited Away, Pricess Monanoke, and My neighbor Totoro. I`m looking forward to it.

I`m finding it difficult to buckle down and do the work that I need to do. I figure I can study in America, I should enjoy Japan. Well I`ll get my work done. I still have time and in the grand scheme of things it realy isn`t that bmuch. Pluss I have so much time now that I`m no longer in choir.

The play is aproching fruition and it`s a piece of krap. I`ll try my best, but I find it difficult to take it seriously when no one else does. I just wan`t that to be over too. I find I don`t want to do this stuff anymore, but without it what would I do.

I`ve got to write that letter...

I`ve decided to damn customs and bring home jap-candy and food stuffs. I can`t leave all the lotte chocolate here and I need a couple gallons of that Japanese mayonaise. Sooo goood. Too bad I can`t bring back coolish (icecream you suck out of a foil bag)...

I`ve lost weight, but that much. And my binge choclating has kept me from falling too far. I wana leave some clothing here, so I don`t have to pack it, but what?

anyway I`ll see ya in another month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Play?

Maybe you could intern for Miyasaki? Food for thought.

Can you ship anything home?

Photos are great. Do you have any photos of the house you are staying in...Your homestay family...Tokyo...the University?

I will send you an email soon with stories.

CJ

Blackbird said...

I binge-chocolated when I was there too.. it's all so tasty! You really can't bring any packaged foods back with you? I thought it was only things like fruit/etc.